The Confidentiality Policy was formulated taking cognisance of ACTAC’s values and its mission statement. This policy is underpinned by the Information Privacy Act 2009, and the Child Protection Act 1999. ACTAC is committed to maintaining an interactive environment that supports and encourages positive and safe experiences amongst both staff and students.
The confidentiality policy provides guidelines to all employees of ACTAC regarding the appropriate standards of privacy and confidentiality that is expected in our organisation. The confidentiality policy should be observed at all times of employment and thereafter. Staff will agree to adhere to and to sign a confidentiality agreement upon commencement of employment.
This includes workplace behavior and respect for all staff, students and individual’s information.
- Information will be treated with integrity
- All employees will demonstrate commitment to the system of government and accountability and transparency.
All employees will contribute to an honest, unbiased and unprejudiced work environment.
Employees should take responsibility for their own actions, ensuring appropriate use of information, exercising diligence and duty of care obligations and avoiding conflicts of interest. Employees will comply with the job description, commitment to the organisation and proper computer, internet and email usage.
Standard of Practice
Staff will remain up to date with current policies and procedures and business operational manual. Staff will seek advice from supervisors if they feel that there are conflictions with policies and/or work practices outlined by ACTAC.
Employees will seek to handle confidential information professionally in line with ACTAC’s policies and procedures and will face specific penalties and/or disciplinary action for any violation of the code.
- Students must be made aware of the necessity of keeping records in relation to the students work and progress in order to comply with ASQA regulations.
- The principal is responsible for records management at this time
- The principal is also responsible for the storage of all student details, records, files, training and assessment outcomes and records in accordance with ASQA requirements and NVR standard.
- Students will only have access to personal records kept by ACTAC that relate to themselves as an individual. These records will be kept in a secure file in accordance with the General Directions: Retention requirement for completed student assessment items (electronic student records will be retained for a period of thirty 30 years).
- Students are made aware personal information is open to inspection by an authorised person within ACTAC.
- Information in relation to confidentiality issues/concerns will be dealt with in line with the Information Privacy Act 2009.
- Students are made aware that confidentiality requirements and expected behaviours are discussed with all staff/volunteers at their induction and that staff sign a policy agreement form at the commencement of their employment.
- Student will not be charged any fees to access their records, unless a student requests further copies of their original qualifications wherein a fee of $20.00 is required.
- Breaches of confidentiality are dealt with under the complaints and appeals procedures outlined in the complaints and appeals policy, or under the terms of staff employment as appropriate.
- ACTAC is aware of the principles of the Information Privacy Act 2009 the Right to Information Act 2009 (QLD) and the Public Records Act 2002 (QLD).
- Except as required under the NVR Standards for Registered Training Organisations, Government Contracts or by law, information about a student will not be disclosed to a third party without the written consent of the student. ACTAC will endeavor to protect the privacy of its students or affiliated organisations at all times.
- ACTAC is required to maintain an AVETMISS compliant student management system. ACTAC use WiseNet as its student management system to record and maintain all student records and details at this time.
- Student Name
- Start Date/Expected Completion Date
- Contact Details
- Personal Information relevant to studies or course requirements
- Employment or placement details
- Details of fees owing or paid
- Copies of written agreements between ACTAC and the student
It is a condition of employment with ACTAC that all employees sign the “Policy Acknowledgement Form” demonstrating that they have read and understood ACTAC’s policies and procedures and that they will make all reasonable efforts to ensure compliance with these policies and procedures. By signing this form, they acknowledge their support and co-operation with all of ACTAC’s policies. This is completed to ensure that staff understands what our rules are, why they must be adhered to and that disciplinary actions may be enforced if this policy is not adhered to. In accordance with best practice this practice will be subject to an annual review.
REQUEST A CALL BACK!
FROM OUR STAFF
Fill in the form with your information,
we will be in contact with you shortly!
Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
If it wasn’t for this course I wouldn’t have been successful. I might have been slow completing this course, but I have learnt so much. This course covers much more than some other education support courses I have heard about. I’m so glad I found ACTAC so thank you 🙂
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
I was nervous about finding the time to study but the material was so well laid out and my trainer was so helpful it made everything so easy. I have to say thank you to my trainer for supporting me through my study.
Teachers Aide – Certificate IV Education Support
I cant thank you enough for supporting my journey. You were attentive, thoughtful and considerate of someone who hadn’t studied for over 40 years!