ACTAC is a registered training organisation that trains and assesses nationally recognised Australian qualifications in childcare and education. ACTAC’s status as a Registered Training Organisation allows it to provide training and qualifications on the Australian Qualifications Framework under the Australian Government’s Australian Skills Quality Authority.
ACTAC is managed by its founding principal who is a qualified teacher with extensive experience working in primary schools, early childhood settings and training organizations across Australia.
ACTAC was established to assist students undertake nationally recognised Australian qualifications in a manner which supports student’s work/life commitments and balances this with industry needs.
ACTAC strives to ensure compatibility between student goals and the job outcomes and roles that relate to each course. ACTAC encourages students to share their goals, commitments, questions and ideals when talking with their trainer so that students can make an informed choice and undertake a qualification that will best assist them obtain their ideal employment role.
ACTAC also seeks to assist students with work/life balance and offers support and individualised training plans which can be adopted to work around work and family commitments that a student may have or experience throughout the duration of the course. ACTAC appreciates that students often undertake adult education on top of an already busy lifestyle and strives to support students achieve their goals.
We do this by:
- Providing individualised training plans.
- Providing extensions (where ever possible).
- Providing courses that can be undertaken completely via distance education, in a student’s own time.
- Offering individual support and a confidential understanding approach to students commitments that exist outside of the college.
- Providing scholarship opportunities
- Pricing courses at extremely competitive prices
- Having a policy of never accepting more than $1500 upfront for any of our courses.
- Providing training and assessment for students who have come from overseas who are interested in undertaking nationally recognised Australian qualification.
- We also support QLD primary school teachers, or individuals working towards their teaching qualification undertake the bridging course. (Our course enables students to work as early childhood teachers once their QLD Teacher Registration comes through, QLD registered teachers only need to commence our nationally recognised course, not complete it, to be eligible to work as an early childhood teacher in QLD, until January 2018)
ACTAC’s founder undertook a number of online and face to face nationally recognised courses before opening the Australian College of Teacher Aides and Childcare to determine how services could be improved. She has developed a supportive, goal focused training and assessment system here within the college that is unlike others.
We would love to hear from you whether your query relates to our courses or the childcare and education industry.
Choose to study with the Australian College of Teacher Aides and Childcare and we will assist you in reaching your employment goals.